Salli takes climate change very seriously. We have taken the following measures to make this company carbon dioxide negative.
- Our company group owns a 1.050-hectare, intensively grown forest farm, where the harvesting is about 5.000 cubic meters smaller than the growth every year.
- We only use small consumption LED lamps for lightning.
- We use public transport as much as possible when travelling long distances.
- The next filling of our diesel tank will be sustainable biodiesel.
- We use partly biofuel (wood pallets) and partly electricity (air source heat pumps) for heating.
- In summer we use solar energy to warm up washing water.
- Our buildings are very well insulated, thus there is little need of energy for heating and almost none for cooling. We also use very moderate temperatures inside.
- All our cars are low-consumption models.
- In the company restaurant the only red meat (elk) comes from road accidents. We have chicken once a month, only sustainable fish, and very few organic milk products. We have one vegan day a week.
- We have lots of online meetings to avoid travelling.
- We have installed modern sewage cleaning systems in all our buildings.
- We use hardly any plastic in chair shipments.
Environmental material status of Salli products
Salli Saddle chair is made of metals, foam and leather. 95 % of the products we manufacture are saddle chairs.
The distribution of materials of one chair
- The castors 5 x 0.050 kg = 0.25 kg of which metal is 0.14 kg and plastic 0.11 kg
- The padding foam is all polyurethane plastic = 0.40 kg
- Seat cover is all leather = 0.20 kg
- The rest of the product is various metals 9.7 kg or 10.7 kg, depending on the model
Recycling the chair components
- Leather can be burned for energy.
- Soft plastics can be burned for energy, or recycled into second generation plastic.
- Hard plastics (castors, handle) can be recycled for plastic.
- The remaining 97 % of the product can be recycled, because it consists of common metal compounds, such as iron and aluminium.
- We use cardboard boxes made of renewable timber fibre material for our shipments; they can be recycled
The ratio of materials in accessories: metal over 90 % and very little plastic.
Our tables are made of wood and metal. Metal can be recycled, and wood burned for energy.